Sunday, July 26, 2015

BG's Official Retirement & The One to Fill His Big Shoes!!

Finally some time to sit down and write!  BG and I had a fantastic spring season campaigning for the Pan Ams, ultimately, it was decided we were not the right fit for the team. BG had once again earned his retirement.

Missy and I travelled to Germany in May to begin our hunt to find my next event horse. This was all made possible by the generous support of Missy's long time client, Dr. Peter Berk. In the 36 hours we spent in Germany, we drove 2000km and sat on 10 horses. At the end of it all, it was clear there was only one horse for us who we ultimately brought home. 


Introducing Fritz! An 8 year old 16.3h Brandenburg gelding who we plan on running in a couple prelims in the near future in order to prepare him for a fall 1*!





I've been spending some more time teaching, traveling back to Alberta for a week to teach a clinic, then I returned to Young Riders last week, not as a competitor but as Assistant Chef d'Equipe to the Canadian Dressage Team. It was great to see so many Canadians on the same podium where I stood last year. 


David Teaching in Alberta
Now that I'm back in PA for the rest of summer I'm looking forward to teaching more locally if anyone reading this may be interested!

Till next time,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment