Friday, January 22, 2016

Week 2 of the CPEDI 3* Paralympic Qualifier and A Report from Eventing 25 Training Camp!!

We've got it all going on at Blue Hill Farm!!  Lots on tap this weekend for Blue Hill Farm South with Missy and Gigi back in Wellington for the second weekend of CPEDI 3* Paralympic qualifier and Madeline sent us a great report from last week's Eventing 25 Training Camp. 

Come on Blue Hill Farm fans....try to keep up!!
Week Two of The Adequan® Global Dressage Festival

The jog was yesterday and as usual we will be in touch with Missy and Gigi throughout the weekend to see if they can bring back the same steady determination and results from week 1

Wellington, FL-  January 21, 2016 – Nineteen horse and rider combinations presented themselves on Thursday at the FEI Jog for the $10,000 CPEDI3* occurring January 22-24, 2016, at Week Two of the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF). The $10,000 CPEDI3* is presented by Mission Control, Mane Stream, courtesy of Rowan O’Riley, Adequan®, and Nutrena. Para-Dressage riders from both Canada and the USA will step into The Stadium on Friday for their Team Test competition, followed by the Individual Test on Saturday, and the Freestyles on Sunday.

USPEA FULL PRESS RELEASE


Missy Ransehousen jogging Rio Rio ridden by Margaret McIntosh (USA).
Photo (C) Lindsay Y. McCall


Eventing 25 Training Sessions!

And last week, our resident young rider, Madeline Backus, has the please of participating in her first E25 Training Session with Leslie Law!  We asked for a full report from Madeline and she sent along this great perspective from the week.  

The E25 Training Session Team
Thank you Woodge Fulton for the great photo!
"Ari and I participated in the 2016 Eventing 25 training session last week and it was a very fun and educational experience!  For our group of top young riders we were treated to five days of lessons with Leslie Law.   We also had lectures everyday during lunch from different speakers such as veterinarians and sports psychologists. We focused on dressage Monday and Wednesday, jumped in the ring Tuesday and Thursday and ended with a great cross country ride on Friday (even if it was in the rain!).

"I learned some great new exercises that I will be working on at home. For me, this past week wasn’t just great for training purposes, but also fun because I got to meet all the talented riders that made this years Eventing 25 training list. Being from Colorado, I had only heard of these people, or had seen them ride at the events. I had never actually met them, and last week I was able to be around all these people. It was a really great group of individuals, and it was inspiring to watch all of them ride. These are definitely people I will be cheering on throughout the show season.

"Going a little bit off topic, I can’t say that I have watched a lot of the top riders school their horses at home. For the most part, I’ve only seen these riders in competition when everything is polished and mistakes are hidden. I have always known that everybody has something to work on. We all develop habits. But seeing riders last week work on their individual areas of improvement helped me realize that I’m not the only one who has to work at it every day. It reminded me that we are all constantly learning and figuring out the best way to ride the horse that is underneath us.

"Yes, I have a lot to work on to become even half as good as these riders, but that’s what keeps me motivated to work hard and always try my best. For now, I’m taking in all the information I can and looking forward to our first competition of 2016 going Intermediate at Rocking Horse Winter 1 in two weeks!

"It was so special to be chosen to be one of the participants this year. I had a great time and am grateful for everyone who made it possible. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the conversations and lessons we had last week and I am looking forward to continuing my education in 2016!

"Hope all is going well up at Blue Hill Farm North! Good luck to everyone this year!"

~Madeline and Arianna
 

No comments:

Post a Comment