Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Happy To See Keegan In His New Home!


It was definitely bittersweet when the decision was made to put Keegan on the market and find him his new owner.  He recently sold to Stef Kanter who trains with Chris Grant in Malvern, and we couldn't be happier that he's stayed local.  We reached out recently to Stef to get an update on her new relationship with Keegan and she was kind enough to send this wonderful note and a picture.

We wish Stef and Keegan the best of luck and know that Seema's spirit and love for Keegan will continue on in their relationship.  Thanks Stef for this wonderful note:
____________________________

Stef Kanter & Keegan
I feel so blessed to have Keegan join my equine family :) I met Seema at a few events and she had quite a presence and was always so sweet to me at the ingate. In purchasing Keegan, I spoke with Bonnie Kibbie and Henry and they couldn't have been nicer, we are so lucky to have so many people and horses with such heart and integrity. Seema absolutely was one of those who made the sport better and Keegan has such heart I believe because she nurtured that in him.
I've been riding for 24 years, I'm currently 31 and have been eventing for roughly 5 or 6 years, having spent most of my former years in equitation and dressage.  I was horse obsessed as a kid and begged for a pony and actually still have her! She is 28, little white connemara named Faith. I trained with Jan and Jeremy Beale for many years in dressage and got my first taste of eventing when I moved to Alliquippa with. ...no joke. ..no saddle and a single horse - Faith. My how things have changed!
I train with Chris Grant out of Alliquippa Stables in Malvern, PA and have a total of 4 horses right now; Keegan, Rudder, Tempi and Faith. I had a fifth (another retired kid) but had to put him down recently at 24, he was a lovely appendix quarterhorse rescue named Guinness. Chris is very patient and has a talent for matching people with their horses. She never pushes too hard but she does let her students develop coping skills and encourages the care aspect of this sport which I love. 
Hard Alee "Rudder" is an ISH that I purchased alittle over 2 years ago, and has taken me from beginner novice to most recently our first training level at Carousel Park. This horse is such an Irish gentleman! I purchased Keegan with the hopes of continuing to get comfortable with training level and share the competition load with Rudder :)
Keegan has settled in so well at Alliquippa and I can't express enough how truly happy I am with him. He is also my first thoroughbred and my first bay!  On a more boring normal note I work full time as a marketing manager at Siemens Healthcare as my day job but when I'm not at work I'm always at the barn escaping with the boys and girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment