Monday, March 14, 2016

Florida Adventures with Ari and Madeline!



ROCKING HORSE WINTER II

"What a great start to the year it has been! I have had a lot of fun spending a few days a week working at Blue Hill Farm South. My mother and her group of students have also arrived in Florida, so it has been great seeing them all as well! Rocking Horse Winter II was a fantastic last competition before Ari and I headed off to the CIC 3* at Red Hills.  I was SO pleased with our dressage because, as you know, dressage is our weaker phase. However, Ari and I had a lovely test. Now I just need the visualize that ride over and over again, and channel it into my future dressage tests! I am still learning so much as a rider.

"One thing that Jessica Ransehousen said to me was to not to ride the bad that I know can sometimes be there. And that is so true. I can’t go into a test expecting Ari to jig during the walk and explode into the right lead canter. I have to know that we are going into the arena to have fun and do the best we can, which hopefully includes a nice and calm extended walk and good canter transitions!

"Our Cross country was wonderful, even though I was quite nervous when I first walked the course with Missy, but she told me how to ride it accordingly, and assured me that Ari and I would be fine. And that we were! Show Jumping was great too,  as Ari has been jumping so well lately. I am so grateful to have a horse that loves her job and teaches me everyday.  The Advanced at Rocking Horse was a great confidence builder, and I can’t believe that Ari and I finished in 3rd place!"

ONTO RED HILLS!

"Ari and I had a fabulous clean and clear show jumping round this morning, followed by a fun cross country. Unfortunately, we had a run-out at the first combination on course that was completely my fault, but Ari blazed around the rest of the course once her rider got her head in the game.  Even though this weekend didn't go as planned, I am still so fortunate to be at this level and on such an amazing horse.

"As always, Red Hills put on a wonderful event, and had so many kind volunteers that made this show possible. Also, thanks to Missy for coaching me through my second 3*!  I'm so grateful that Laura Backus could be here too! Thanks to everyone who cheers me on, and @drapertherapies, @majykequipe, and @mangobaydesign for supporting me! I couldn't do it with out everyone!" 

Here's also some nice press from Eventing Connect! 

Thank you also to Eventing Connect for all the great photos they shared from Red Hills as well.




 
OTHER ADVENTURES IN FLORIDA

"Aside from my eventing adventures with Ari, I competed Woody at HITS and was really happy to finish 5th place out of 58 in the 1.10 jumper class. Woody really put on his wings and galloped around like a rockstar!  I also competed a horse for one of my Mom's students at his first show this weekend. He has really taken a liking to eventing, and I absolutely love working with young horses, it is just so rewarding and fun to see them learn.

"I can’t believe the Florida season is coming to a close, it has gone by so fast! Still, I am excited for the summer season, and am of course looking forward to seeing everyone up north again!"

All the best,
Madeline, Ari, and Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment